We take the heath and safety of all our visitors very seriously so please take time to read our participation information before your visit.
Our Insurance Policy only covers those ages between 5 years and 25 years.
Your attention is drawn to the following which you must read and understand prior to using Unit 1 Skatepark. You further accept that you have had the opportunity to seek clarification from Unit 1 Skatepark on any of the following points of information:
1). You engage in the activities at your own risk.
2). We strongly recommend satisfactory safety equipment to be worn by all participants including helmets, wrist guards and kneepads.
3). Under 16 must wear a helmet. If you engage in the activities without a protective helmet then you do so at your own risk.
4) You are advised that using our facilities without wearing a full set of protective gear increases the risk of personal injury and death in the event of an accident.
5) Please note that Unit 1 Skatepark activities are not recommended for persons who have heart, back or neck conditions, or people who are pregnant. If you suffer from any health problems, illness or may be pregnant please consult your doctor for medical advice before visiting any of Unit 1 Skatepark facilities.
Please take a moment to read and familiarise yourself with our Terms & Conditions as these apply to all people using the Unit 1 Skatepark facilities.
1) In the absence of negligence or fraudulent misrepresentation committed by Unit 1 Skatepark, their employees, officers, officials or agents, these Terms hereby exclude to the fullest extent permitted by law all responsibility and liability for the death, personal injury or illness of any person whilst present on the site.
2) Neither Unit 1 Skatepark nor its employees or agents shall be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to valuables or any personal property that belongs to any person whilst on Unit 1 premises.
3) Unit 1 Skatepark reserves the right to refuse admission to any person on any grounds. Anyone who is visibly intoxicated shall not be permitted to participate.
4) Minimum standards of conduct apply including, but not limited to, controlling your speed, not
behaving in a way that endangers or alarms others, using the equipment safely and respecting
all others. Unit 1 Skatepark reserves the right to require you to leave the facility if you are
deemed by an Unit 1 Skatepark employee or officer not to be meeting reasonable standards of
behaviour. In such cases, no refund will be given.
5) Unit 1 Skatepark reserves the right to require you to leave the facility if we feel you are intoxicated or drunk. In such cases, no refund will be given.
6) We recommend adults accompany children under the age of 12. Children under the age of 9 MUST be accompanied by a supervising adult.
7) If you observe a hazard or damage or are injured whilst using Unit 1 Skatepark facilities you must bring this to the attention of an officer or employee immediately.
8) By agreeing to our terms and conditions, you are declaring you are fit suitable to participate, and have declared any existing injuries and/or medical conditions.
9) Under 16’s MUST have parental consent of a parent or guardian.
10) All participants will adhere to safety rules in place and understand the risks involved (serious injury/death). By participating, you agree to accept responsibility for your own actions and involvement.
11) Unit 1 Skatepark reserves the right to change its policies from time to time. Please read and observe the policies displayed at Unit 1 Skatepark before you start using the facility as they may have changed since the last time you saw them.
Participants hiring equipment do so at their own risk. We cannot guarantee the equipment is in exactly the same condition as first purchased but make every effort to record and maintain equipment before and after every hire purchase. Therefore participants must understand they accept the hire equipment in its current state. If you require a specific check on any equipment before hire please contact a member of staff on arrival. Any participant who uses their own equipment does so at their own risk.
DRUGS & ALCOHOL DECLARATION
Unit 1 Skatepark operates a zero tolerance Drugs & Alcohol Policy. Management has the right to “with cause” remove visitors who consent, or ask any visitor unwilling to consent to “with cause” to leave.
ADDITIONAL RULES OF CONDUCT
Helmets are compulsory for under 16’s.
All scooters and BMX users must have bar ends.
Wax is not allowed in any part of the park.
No food or drink is to be taken into the ramp rooms.
Any forms of bad behaviour will not be tolerated and you will be asked to leave the park.
We love our Skatepark and we know you will too, so we ask you treat it with respect. Please leave all negative vibes in the car park.
* There is always risk of severe injury from the activities undertaken within the skate park.